JKS Apprenticeship Academy- Commis Chef Apprenticeship
JKS Apprenticeship Academy is designed to develop, nurture and inspire the next generation of hospitality talent. This is your chance to experience the industry at its most diverse, by training at our 13 brands, including 6 Michelin stars and 3 Michelin bib gourmands across multiple cuisines and dining styles.
Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship
As a JKS Apprentice, you’ll need to have an eagerness to roll up your sleeves & get stuck into all aspects of your training!
Though no two days will be the same, here are some of your key responsibilities:
- Being a JKS Champion & uphold our brand standards
- Mise en place preparation ahead of the busy service
- Working alongside other chefs to ensure your sections are set up & closed efficiently
- To assist in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends!
What you need to know:
- This is your first step along the way to becoming our next Head Chef
- The program is a minimum of 12 months, you’ll spend 2 months at each site, working full time at a selection of our restaurants
- Your salary will be £18,000 per annum, an increase on the £6.56 per hour minimum wage for 18-20-year-olds.
- You’ll be studying a Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship
- We will be running quarterly dine-outs within our venues giving you an opportunity to dine, taste, and experience a variety of brands across the group.
- After completing your apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to join us in a full-time role within one of the venues or move on to a higher-level apprenticeship!
What we need from you:
- A passion for food & a creative flare
- A willingness to learn & commit to a minimum of 18-month apprenticeship
- An ability to work under pressure
- Forward-thinking & to not afraid to ask questions when needed
- A can-do attitude
- To be over the age of 18
Benefits & Culture
Our team is the most important part of our business, translating our passion for genuine hospitality to our guests every day. We are proud to work with industry-leading talent and recognise the importance of offering our teams the tools, guidance and experience necessary to build confidence and grow.
We encourage you to bring your whole self to work and celebrate the skills and characteristics that make you unique. Your commitment to be kind and work hard comes with a range of benefits such as:
- Up to 50% off dining across JKS Restaurants
- Retail & Takeaway Discounts
- Code App Membership
- Cost price wine through our suppliers
- Perkbox – access to tons of retail discounts and our wellbeing hub
Look After Yourself
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Company Donations for your involvement with Charities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to Financial Advice
- Wedding Gift & New-born Care Package – Celebrating your big occasions
- Access to our fantastic L&D Calendar
- A personalised learning & development plan to develop your skills and knowledge
- Career progression with a fast-growing, critically acclaimed restaurant group.
- Additional holiday for every year with us (rising to 30 days)
- Wagestream – stream your pay earlier
- Employee referral scheme – paying up to £600 per referral
- Staff parties & long service awards
JKS Restaurants was founded by siblings Jyotin, Karam and Sunaina Sethi in November 2008. The group has received critical acclaim and industry recognition since its inception, including 6 Michelin stars, 3 Michelin Bib Gourmands and one restaurant ranked in the World’s 50 Best restaurants.
The JKS portfolio currently includes Michelin Starred restaurants Trishna, Gymkhana, Kitchen Table, Sabor and Lyle’s; as well as cult favourites Hoppers, BAO, Brigadiers, Berenjak, and Bibi. Pubs include The Cadogan Arms and The George; and there are 9 brands that operate within Arcade Food Hall. The group also includes delivery brands Motu Indian Kitchen and Rice Error, and retail outfits Ambassador General Store, Hoppers Cash & Kari, Berenjak Bazaar, BAO Convni, Bubbleshop by Sandia Chang, and Flor Bakery.
JKS Restaurants offers a unique chance to either pursue a career in fine dining or develop within casual trend focused cuisine, with opportunities across all disciplines for those looking to progress their careers within a people focused, collaborative hospitality group.